This project is supported by the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative, grant no. 2020-68006-33037, from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
About the Project
This Agriculture and Food Research Initiative is a multi-region, multi-institution research and outreach project that assesses the impact of COVID-19 on food and agricultural systems to develop strategies for coping with future crises.
Lessons from COVID-19: Positioning Regional Food Supply Chains for Future Pandemics, Natural Disasters and Human-made Crises is one of 17 projects nationwide to receive funding through a new program area of the USDA’s Agriculture and Food Research Initiative, targeting rapid response solutions to the pandemic through applied research, education and extension activities.
Throughout the project, we plan to accomplish the following:
Develop resources and strategies for current and future disruptions with supply chain stakeholders and experts.
Webinars and Videos
WEBINAR 1: WHAT LESSONS DO WE HOPE TO LEARN FROM COVID-19?
- ENational data and recommendations from the UF/IFAS Center for Public Issues Education related to COVID-19 public opinions as well as opinions of agriculture and natural resources leaders
- EUSDA Local Food Systems Response to COVID-19 Resource Hub
- ECenter for Rural Enterprise Engagement Touchless Transactions Resources
- EUF/IFAS COVID-19 Pandemic Disaster Impact Analysis
- EUniversity of California, Irvine Critical Food Studies
WEBINAR 2: IMPACTS OF COVID-19 ON FOOD SUPPLY CHAINS
Webinar 3: CONSUMERS’ INTERACTIONS WITH THE FOOD SUPPLY CHAIN
Don’t miss out on upcoming webinars in this series! Register now!
As a result of this project, researchers worked to develop factsheets that highlight key topics and research findings. Download these factsheets to learn more about how these findings can be applied moving forward.
Download Journal Articles
As a result of this project, researchers have worked to publish academic journal articles. Check back as we will continue to add more.